Are you craving noodles but don’t want to go out, order take-out, or ruin your healthy diet with greasy food? Create this inexpensive restaurant-quality meal in minutes in your own home!
For the curry sauce:
1 can lite coconut milk
2 Tablespoons red curry paste
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
½ Tablespoon lime juice
½ teaspoon ginger
2 cloves garlic
½ cup cilantro
For the stir fry:
40 shrimp (or four 3-4 ounce chicken breasts, cubed)
2 small or 3 large zucchini
2 small heads of broccoli
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
8 ounces Thai stir-fry rice noodles (thickness of your choice)
¼ cup chopped peanuts or walnuts (for garnish)
4 Tablespoons cilantro (for garnish)
1. Place all of the curry sauce ingredients (except the cilantro and lime juice) in a small pot and whisk until smooth. Heat until warm.
2. Cut zucchini into ½-inch slices, then quarter each slice.
3. Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces.
4. Peel and grate the carrot.
5. Steam zucchini, carrots, and broccoli until they are slightly less than raw.
6. Peel and devein the shrimp, and set it aside in a small bowl.
7. Heat coconut oil in a large wok.
8. Add the shrimp to the wok, and stir fry until the shrimp turns pink.
9. Add the steamed veggies, and stir-fry until tender.
10. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions (Usually, the box will instruct you to bring a large pot of water to a boil, remove from heat, and add noodles to the water for 8-10 minutes. The noodles should be soft, but not mushy.)
11. Drain the noodles, and stir into the wok, making sure to mix all ingredients well.
12. Add cilantro and lime juice to the curry sauce.
13. Pour most of the curry sauce over ingredients in the wok, and stir well.
14. Divide the thai noodles, shrimp, and veggies equally amongst four plates.
15. Spoon additional curry sauce over each plate.
16. Garnish each serving with with cilantro and peanuts or walnuts.
17. Serve immediately.